Making its highly anticipated debut is the 1st Annual San Diego Sriracha Festival on Saturday, September 20, 2014 at Liberty Station.
This chef-driven, all-inclusive, 21+ event from The Sriracha Cookbook and Food GPS spotlights the world’s most iconic hot sauce at a unique, historical venue. Multiple stations allow guests to enjoy a variety of Sriracha-themed dishes, including desserts, at their own pace. Local craft beer, cocktails, sodas, iced coffee and iced tea help tame the heat while a live DJ set helps create a fun and unforgettable food and drink experience.
Some of San Diego’s best chefs and restaurants participating in this year’s event include:
- AQUI ES TEXCOCO — Francisco Perez (Best Tacos in 15 US Cities, Zagat 2014)
- THE BELLOWS — Schuyler Schultz (Best New American Cuisine Nominee, San Diego A-List)
- GANG KITCHEN — Craig Jimenez (San Diego’s Best Eats, Drinks & Restaurants, Discover San Diego 2014)
- HASH HOUSE A GO GO + THE TRACTOR ROOM — Craig “Andy” Beardslee (36 Hours in San Diego Must Have Dinner, New York Times, 2009)
- THE PATIO — John Medall (San Diego’s Top 10 Weekend Brunches & Breakfasts, TheCultureTrip.com)
- SLATER’S 50/50 — Brad Lyons (Best Hamburger, UT San Diego 2013)
- STONE BREWING WORLD BISTRO & GARDENS — Steve Robbins (The Best Restaurants in San Diego: Best Brewpub, San Diego Magazine 2014)
- SUPERNATURAL SANDWICHES — Christian Eggert (The Iconic Sandwiches of San Diego, Eater San Diego)
- URBN ST. BREWING — Alex Carballo (12 to watch in 2012, Hospitality Magazine)
- URGE AMERICAN GASTROPUB — Marc Liautard (Best Neighborhood Bar Nominee, San Diego A-List)
- WOW WOW WAFFLE — Joe Kraft (7 New San Diego Restaurants You Need To Try This Summer, Thrillist 2014)
DESSERTS: Churros El Tigre, Peterson’s Donut Corner, and Quenelle will be serving desserts throughout the festival.
BEVERAGES: Stone Brewing Co., Iron Fist Brewing Company and URBN St. Brewing will be pouring local craft beer, while inventive bartenders Jason Bran & Damian Windsor will serve creative cocktails. The event will also feature craft sodas from Los Angeles Ale Works, coffee from Portola Coffee Lab, and tea from Seventh Tea Bar.
CHARITY: A portion of proceeds from the San Diego Sriracha Festival will directly benefit Mama’s Kitchen, a San Diego-based charity that prepares and delivers three meals a day—free of charge—to approximately 350 men, women, and children affected by AIDS or cancer in San Diego County. Mama’s Kitchen has served over 7,000,000 meals since it was founded in 1990 and has never turned away a client who qualified for its services. More info at mamaskitchen.org.
SRIRACHAHOLIC VIP PASS: Making its highly anticipated return is the 2nd Annual Los Angeles Sriracha Festival on Sunday, October 19 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm at L.A. Chinatown’s landmark Central Plaza. A limited number of diehard Sriracha fans are invited to buy VIP tickets to both fests for a discounted bundle price that including one-hour early admission and guaranteed seating at both events.
About The Sriracha Cookbook: Randy Clemens released The Sriracha Cookbook in January 2011, incorporating his favorite hot sauce in 50 unique recipes. Due to popular demand, The Veggie-Lover’s Sriracha Cookbook recently launched in July 2013 with an additional 50 recipes, all plant-based in nature. Both books are available on Amazon and at independent bookstores nationwide. More info at TheSrirachaCookbook.com.
About Food GPS: Josh Lurie founded Food GPS in 2005. Since then, his Los Angeles-based website has remained dedicated to pinpointing the highest quality, best-tasting food and drink, regardless of price or cuisine, and sharing stories of people behind the flavor. Food GPS, Inc. also produces unique culinary events. More info at FoodGPS.com.
FOLLOW SRIRACHA FESTIVAL UPDATES ON:
Facebook: facebook.com/TheSrirachaCookbook | facebook.com/foodgps
Twitter: twitter.com/SrirachaBook | twitter.com/foodgps
RSVP/INVITE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/events/445604262246851/
Lawrence Moore & Associates Inc.